This offer is no longer available on our site: Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
|Score one free night each anniversary year for keeping the card open||$95 annual fee|
|Could earn a second hotel night each account anniversary||Must spend $15,000 per year to earn a second night at a Hyatt hotel or resort|
|Big sign-up bonus||You won’t earn as many rewards or enjoy the same perks when you stay at non-Hyatt hotels|
|Earn more points for each $1 spent at Hyatt hotels and resorts|
|Double your points in reward categories like local transit, fitness clubs and gym memberships|
|Complimentary hotel elite status|
4 things you should know about The World Of Hyatt Credit Card
We think that The World Of Hyatt Credit Card is one of the best hotel credit cards. Here’s why.
1. Free night outweighs the annual fee
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card offers one free night each year after your cardmember anniversary at a mid-tier Hyatt hotel or resort. There’s no spending requirement either. All you have to do is keep the card open and in good standing.
Depending on which Hyatt hotel or resort you stay at and when you visit, the value of your free night could more than make up for The World Of Hyatt Credit Card’s $95 annual fee.
Plus, if you spend at least $15,000 each anniversary year (or $1,250 per month), you’ll earn an additional night.
2. Complicated but valuable sign-up bonus
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card features a two-part sign-up bonus worth up to 50,000 points, but it can be a little bit confusing.
With The World Of Hyatt Credit Card, you can earn 25,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases during the first 3 months of account opening. And if you spend another $3,000 on purchases (for a total of $6,000) during the first six months of account opening, you’ll take home another 25,000 bonus points.
The spending requirement for The World Of Hyatt Credit Card might seem high, but keep in mind it comes out to an average of $1,000 per month, which can make it more attainable than the sign-up bonuses offered by other top travel rewards cards.
And if you qualify for the full sign-up bonus, that’s enough points to book up to 10 nights at low-tier Hyatt hotels or resorts.
3. Great rewards if you’re a Hyatt fan
You could earn up to nine points for every $1 you spend at Hyatt: four bonus points for every $1 you spend using The World Of Hyatt Credit Card, and another five base points for every $1 you spend as a World of Hyatt member.
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card also offers two points for every $1 you spend in a handful of categories.
- Local transit
- Fitness clubs and gym memberships
- Airline tickets purchased directly from the airline
And you can earn one point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
4. Treat yourself to a more comfortable stay
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card comes with automatic elite Discoverist status that can make for a more comfortable stay. Take a look at some of the perks you’ll get as a member with Discoverist status.
- Request a complimentary upgrade to your preferred room at participating Hyatt properties. Do you want a room on the top floor or near the pool? If it’s available, you might be upgraded.
- Free breakfast at participating Hyatt hotels.
- Free bottle of water each day.
- Request a late checkout at participating Hyatt hotels.
These features are definitely worth taking advantage of, but they aren’t exclusive to Hyatt. Hilton and Marriott offer co-branded cards with similar perks.
Understanding your points and redemption options
As you might have guessed, you can use your points earned by using The World Of Hyatt Credit Card to book Hyatt hotel rooms.
World of Hyatt points are worth an estimated 1.87 cents each, according to Credit Karma’s point valuations. But the exact value you get depends on which hotel you stay at and when you visit.
World of Hyatt also partners with dozens of airlines where you can transfer your points. But we don’t recommend transferring your points if you’re looking for their top value. In most cases, you’ll get only one mile for every 2.5 points you transfer.
Considering Hyatt points are already more valuable than most airline miles — according to our point valuations — this is a terrible redemption value. Not to mention, it can take up to two months for the transfer to complete.
Who this card is good for
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card is great for travelers who are loyal to Hyatt. You’ll have the opportunity to earn hotel nights and hotel status. This could help you save money and enjoy a more comfortable stay.
But if you prefer the flexibility to stay at any hotel you like, The World Of Hyatt Credit Card might not be the right fit for you.
Not sure this card is right for you? Consider these alternatives.
If you don’t stay at Hyatt hotels or resorts when you travel, you might want to check out one of these other credit cards.
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card: Good for travelers who stay at a variety of hotels. Take a look at our review of the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card to learn more.
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card: A great option if you’re loyal to Hilton. See why the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card is one of the best Hilton credit cards.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card: Good if you’re loyal to Marriott. Our review of the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card has details.